Commonly asked questions...
Where are you located? -I live in Minneapolis, MN, but grew up all over the country. I've lived in Alaska, Colorado, Missouri and Wisconsin but definitely call Minnesota home. I'm married to the most beautiful, supportive woman on the planet and have three kiddos I absolutely adore.
How long have you been a photographer? How many weddings have you photographed? -My story began in H.S. Film Photography 101 class 15 years ago. I got my start as a professional photographer in 2010 and have since been a part of over 100 weddings and photographed countless individuals and families.
Do you travel for photography? -Definitely. Since becoming a full-time photographer, my desire to travel has grown immensely! contact me and we can work out the details.
I love your black and white photos, are those film or digital? -Most of the black and white images on my website are made with film and developed at home. Currently, I use both film and digital cameras...you could call me a "hybrid photographer." Most of my portrait and family sessions are captured on film and weddings are a mix of both. If you are interested in booking a 100% film session or wedding I would be all about it!
Do your wedding collections include a couples session? -A couples session is included in some packages and can definitely be added to any.
What about a second photographer? -Some collections include a second photographer, as needed. It really depends on the size of your wedding and your needs.
- What IS included with your wedding collections? -Every wedding collection includes a handful of matte 4x6 inch prints in a gorgeous walnut box, full resolution files/film scans, an online viewing and purchasing gallery and print release for printing anywhere you'd like. From there, you can add almost anything you'd like including a second photographer, couples session, larger prints and albums.
- How much would you charge for a smaller, shorter wedding or elopement? -For most weddings, clients typically spend between $4,000-$5,000, but I LOVE small, intimate weddings and elopements. For these, your initial investment is around $2000. Not sure how your wedding fits into these prices or what's included? Contact me and lets chat about it.
- What's a portrait session like? -Every session is somewhat unique, but ultimately, I want to make sure we make genuine and interesting photos. So, let's go explore and make some cool photos you'll love. My best portrait session experiences have been simply walking around a familiar place taking candid photos between more intentional photos as we get inspired by our surroundings. Check out my session with Josiah for a good example of this. If you are interested in collaborating on a styled or editorial shoot, I'd love to chat more about it! Check out my shoot with Giana for Tara LaTour.
- What should I wear for our couples session or portrait session? -Be you. If you get too dressed up or wear something uncomfortable, you'll be distracted by how unlike yourself you feel. Its mostly about your interaction with each other and our surroundings than what you're wearing. If you really need help, I'm here and we'll figure it out!
- Do you require a deposit? -Yes, for all sessions and weddings. Usually about a third of the total investment. I accept electronic payments or checks...whatever is easiest for you. Deposits are non-refundable, but I'm flexible if we need to reschedule. Life is crazy at times.
- What happens after our time together is finished? How do we get our photos? -Typically, you'll receive your photos via instant download within 4 weeks. At this time, your online gallery will also be viewable and shareable with friends and family. If you'd like an album or additional prints, we can work together to choose photos and design a layout you're excited about. This process varies in duration.